Saturday, May 26, 2012

Friday Night Craft-Firework Sticks

Last night Drew had to work so I decided to make something that I had seen at Pebbles in My Pocket. I call them Firework Sticks. They are super cute and really easy to make. This is what they looked like when I was all done...


Here is a tutorial on how to make them if anyone is interested. 
You will need...
-Cute Scrapbook Paper (one sheet per star)
-Cute Ribbon (I used about half a yard per star)
-Skewers or Sticks 
-Mod Podge or a glue stick
-Hot Glue Gun
-Something to trace for a star-I used my cricut :)
-Glitter Glue (optional)

Step One
-Cut out five stars that are the same size. Take each star and fold it in half so it's symmetrical. Make sure it is the side you want showing. Like in this picture, I want my stars to be the polka-dot design so I folded that side inward.

Step Two
-Take a star and put mod podge or glue on half of it's back side (the side you don't want showing) and glue it to half of the back side of another star. Like this...


Do this with two more stars (for a total of four stars). Make sure all your sides get lined up evenly.

Step Three
-Before you glue the fifth star into the the others, take your skewer and dab some hot glue on it and stick it in the center. In the picture I put the stick all the way to the top but I figured out the end product looks better if you just stick it in an inch or so.

Step Five
-Glue the fifth star to the sides of the first star and the fourth star to complete the star cycle!

Step Six
-Tie some cute ribbon around the skewer. I just did knots but I'm sure anything would look cute!

Step Seven-optional
-My first two star sticks that I made, I didn't get all the edges lined up evenly so the inside showed a tiny bit in parts. So I used some glitter glue around the edges and it hid the imperfections!


I ended up doing the rest without using the glitter glue and I loved them more. But it's just up to you and what you think is cute. Sorry the picture quality sucks! If you have any questions just leave me a comment and I'll get back to you! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment