Sunday, February 24, 2013

Valentine's Day Gift Idea for the Hubby

So this year for Valentine's Day, I got my gift ideas from Pinterest. I had been wanting to try the the whole writing with Sharpie on a mug and then bake it idea for a while so I knew this was the perfect opportunity. Then I found this lady who had dressed up boxes of cereal with paper and a cute phrase...So I combined these two ideas for the perfect gift!

Pinspiration
 Diyopolis.wordpress.com



http://lilyjanestationery.typepad.com/justlovely/2012/02/diy-cereal-valentines.html
Instead of using a mug for the Sharpie idea, I used a huge cereal bowl that I got at Tai Pan for $5! I decided to write a song on it that I love, it's A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. The reason I love this song is because in it she says "I have loved you for a thousand years, I love you for a thousand more" and I believe this is true because we chose our families in the pre-existence and we have the chance to be with them for all eternity (a thousand more)! Ah gives me chills.  

It was a little tricky writing on the bowl and trying to make it perfect but I think it turned out pretty cute... 
I baked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and then took it out. It was still smearing a little (I think because it was super glossy?) so I looked up some other tutorials and found that if you let it cool in the oven instead of taking it out after 30 min, then it wouldn't smear.

For the cereal boxes, I used Lucky Charms, LIFE, and Honey Bunches of Oat. Here's how they turned out:
"LIFE is sweeter with you" "You are my Lucky Charm" "You have nice Honey Buns"

I was very happy with how everything turned out. :) 

As for Valentine's decorations, I didn't go super all out this year, just kind of worked with what I had.



Sorry the lighting sucks in all of them and I'm not good at taking pictures...

Now for some super cute pictures of Reggie and Rosie! They take the cutest naps! The first two are Reg and the last one is Rose





Thanks for reading!
XOXO Court         

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is the cutest idea ever! I love it Court:). I am going to try it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the valentine's post and then pictures of the dogs, sneaky:)

    ReplyDelete