Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Whimsical Trees

So a while ago I was on Pinterest and saw this picture...

And I was like, "OMG I have to make those!" And so I did :)

Step 1
Buy a piece of plywood and have your father come over with his saw and cut out the triangles and stars.

Step 2
Sand them and then put white primer on. Make sure to do the sides too.

Step 3
Paint the stars a fun red! I did two coats because it looked better.

Step 4
Tape off the triangles in criss-crosses and paint a cute green. I left about four inches of the top not painted (so it had just primer on it) to help the wood glue stick better.


Step 5
Let paint dry and carefully peel off tape. Apply wood glue liberally to the "naked" tip of the triangle. Stick a star on and let dry. Now you have a freaking cute whimsical tree!


xoxo Court







1 comment:

  1. Courtie,

    I love them! You're so good at this DIY stuff. You should open your own shop, so that all day you can just create cute stuff. And then give it to me. Ü

    ReplyDelete